Hot Dog in a HoleFrom valinkenmore 4 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 (6-inch) hot dogs, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup prepared cheese sauce, warmed shopping list
- Assorted mustards shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 425°F
- Brush oil onto bottom and up sides of an 8-inch baking dish to thoroughly coat inside dish. Arrange cut-up pieces of hot dog in dish and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, milk, egg and 2 Tbsp. water; season with salt and pepper and stir thoroughly. Beat using an electric hand mixer or whisk until mixture is completely smooth.
- Carefully remove hot dish of hot dogs from oven and pour egg batter on top. Bake for 30 minutes, until puffed and golden brown around edges. Divide into equal portions and serve with warm cheese sauce.
- Recipe says this serves 4 but for appetizers I think you could cut it into 9 pieces.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating6 people
Hmmm.. This looks great.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
WOW!!! very good, got the dogs all i need is cheese....great recipes a high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
I hate to admit this, but hot dogs are one of my favorite foods, and this is perfect. Thanks!maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it