Stuffed Italian ArtichokesFrom jlv1023 7 years ago
- 4 large artichokes shopping list
- 1 loaf stale Italian bread shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- pancetta or sausage shopping list
- Flavored Italian bread Crumbs shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
- Mozzerella shredded shopping list
- **seasonings: shopping list
- salt, pepper, italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, a touch of oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Soak Italian bread in warm water, then squeeze out excess water and set aside
- Cook sausage or pancetta till cooked and then crumble
- Using scissors, cut prickly points off the artichokes
- Cut stem, leaving enough for the artichoke to be able to stand up straight without falling over (save stems)
- Boil artichokes in salted water for about 10 minutes, drain & cool
- Take stems, peel them and chop them up to use in stuffing
- In large bowl, add bread, eggs, garlic, parmesan cheese, and seasonings plus chopped stems and pancetta or sausage.
- Mix well, if too loose, add bread crumbs, or if too dry add milk
- Take artichoke and push down on them, to open up center, remove some inner leaves that are prickly
- Sprinkle the inside with salt, parmesan cheese and a little mozzerella cheese
- Taking handful , stuff artichoke with stuffing and place in a large dutch oven*****
- When done, add about 2 cups water in pan with about 1-1/2 cup olive oil and about 5 sliced garlic cloves.
- Season each artichoke with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and add mozzerella to top of each artichoke.
- Pour olive oil over each artichoke to keep moist
- Cover and bring to boil
- Turn heat down to medium low to low and cook 2 hours, check to be sure water & olive oil are not burning off, if so add more of each
- *******If you want to take the time, you can stuff each leaf, but that takes a lot of time, but it does taste good as you get stuffing with each leaf!!!
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookjlv1023 Plymouth, WI
The Rating5 people
i lovee artichokes! and even better theyre stuffed!! looks simply delicious. Thankssragnarokx23 in San Jose loved it
I agree with the individual stuffing. Fantastic recipe. Thanks!phyllisd in San Jose loved it
This is funny. I was about to post my recipe for stuffed artichokes when I decided to search for them on this site before doing so and I came across your recipe and decided not to bother posting mine. Yours blows mine away. I'll use this as a replace...morevino4dino in Baltimore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!