Stuffed Italian ArtichokesFrom jlv1023 8 years ago
- 4 large artichokes shopping list
- 1 loaf stale Italian bread shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- pancetta or sausage shopping list
- Flavored Italian bread Crumbs shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
- Mozzerella shredded shopping list
- **seasonings: shopping list
- salt, pepper, italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, a touch of oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Soak Italian bread in warm water, then squeeze out excess water and set aside
- Cook sausage or pancetta till cooked and then crumble
- Using scissors, cut prickly points off the artichokes
- Cut stem, leaving enough for the artichoke to be able to stand up straight without falling over (save stems)
- Boil artichokes in salted water for about 10 minutes, drain & cool
- Take stems, peel them and chop them up to use in stuffing
- In large bowl, add bread, eggs, garlic, parmesan cheese, and seasonings plus chopped stems and pancetta or sausage.
- Mix well, if too loose, add bread crumbs, or if too dry add milk
- Take artichoke and push down on them, to open up center, remove some inner leaves that are prickly
- Sprinkle the inside with salt, parmesan cheese and a little mozzerella cheese
- Taking handful , stuff artichoke with stuffing and place in a large dutch oven*****
- When done, add about 2 cups water in pan with about 1-1/2 cup olive oil and about 5 sliced garlic cloves.
- Season each artichoke with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and add mozzerella to top of each artichoke.
- Pour olive oil over each artichoke to keep moist
- Cover and bring to boil
- Turn heat down to medium low to low and cook 2 hours, check to be sure water & olive oil are not burning off, if so add more of each
- *******If you want to take the time, you can stuff each leaf, but that takes a lot of time, but it does taste good as you get stuffing with each leaf!!!
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookjlv1023 Plymouth, WI
The Rating5 people
This is funny. I was about to post my recipe for stuffed artichokes when I decided to search for them on this site before doing so and I came across your recipe and decided not to bother posting mine. Yours blows mine away. I'll use this as a replace...morevino4dino in Baltimore loved it
I agree with the individual stuffing. Fantastic recipe. Thanks!phyllisd in San Jose loved it
i lovee artichokes! and even better theyre stuffed!! looks simply delicious. Thankssragnarokx23 in San Jose loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!