Beer Bottom ChickenFrom michellem 8 years ago
- Dry Rub: shopping list
- 1 tsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. savory shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp. dry yellow mustard shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbl. sea salt shopping list
- Basting Spray: shopping list
- One 12 oz. can of beer shopping list
- 1 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbl. olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tbl. balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the rub in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Wash, dry season the chicken generously inside and out with the rub.
- Work the mixture well into the skin and under the skin wherever possible.
- Place in a medium. bowl, cover and set aside at room temperature for 20 min.
- Pour half beer into a spray bottle add cider, olive oil and vinegars and set aside.
- Place the chicken over the beer can with half the beer left in the can
- Spray the chicken through our the cooking time with the Basting spray.
- Place on grill, shut cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. Internal temp. 170-175.
- You may also cook this in oven