Alton Browns Awesome Hot CocoaFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 cup cocoa (Dutch-process preferred) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups powdered milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste shopping list
- hot water or warm milk; or combo of half each shopping list
- Jumbo marshmallows shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and incorporate evenly.
- In a small pot, heat 4 to 6 cups of water (or milk)
- Fill your mug half full with the mixture and pour in hot water.
- Stir to combine.
- Add 3-4 jumbo marshmallows to each mug and spoon hot cocoa over a few times until marshmallows get melty! mmmmm
- Seal the rest in an airtight container, keeps indefinitely in the pantry.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating13 people
Great gift idea!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
The time of year for hot chocolate too :)jett2whit in Union City loved it
Great recipe to keep on hand as well as giving as gifts!
Thanks for 5 Fork recipe of Alton Brown's! Love him!!!pinkpasta in Upstate loved it