Empanadas with Chili-Cheese SauceFrom laurieg 4 years ago
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef shopping list
- 6 reduced-fat refrigerated biscuits, such as pillsbury Grands shopping list
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup store bought salsa-cheese, such as Pace or Old El Paso shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 450
- place beef in a 12 inch nonstick skillet over high heat, cook, turning and breaking up the meat, until it is crumbled and brown.
- meanwhile, use a rolling pin to flatten each bisuit until it measures about 4 1/2 inches accross and is 1/4 inch thick. Place flattened bisuits on and ungreased baking sheet.
- When meat is browned, stir in the taco seasoning mix and water. Remove skillet from the heat. Place 2 tablespoons of meat in the center of each biscuit. Leave any meat you have leftover in the skillet. fold the dough over the meat to form a turnover, and press down edges with the tines of a fork to seal.
- Bake about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the tomatoes with their juice and the salsa-cheese sauce to the skillet with the leftover meat. cook until heated through.
- To serve place turnovers on individual plates and top with the sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- ClockworkOiDoll Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- essentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
- sparow64 Sweetwater, TN
- gagagrits Irmo, SC
- valinkenmore Malott, WA
- maureenlaw ST LOUIS, US
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- lovebreezy Colorful, CO
- denny59 Waynesboro, PA
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklaurieg Wilmington, MA
The Rating7 people
That should work, just make the crescent dough piece as close the biscuit measurement. I like this a lot, thanks.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
OOOh, this sounds really good !! Going to have to try it soon !! Thanks for sharing, Laurie !!!sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
Love these - easy, peasy!
valinkenmore in Malott loved it