Pierogie CasseroleFrom jaie 7 years ago
- Lasagna Noodles- 16 ounces, to have extra that may break shopping list
- Potatoes- 5 pounds peeled and diced shopping list
- American cheese, shredded, grammy used alot, but I'd guess a pound at least. shopping list
- onions, peeled and quartered, how many depends on your tastes shopping list
- 1 onion, peeled and diced, 2 if you love onions shopping list
- celery, cleaned and cut into pieces by 1/3 per stalk. One bunch is plenty. shopping list
- butter, just keep the sticks on hand at room temperature. shopping list
- chives, diced, adding to your liking, but save some for garnish. shopping list
- sour cream, 1 container and a bit more for serving. shopping list
- seasoned bread crumbs. shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the lasagna noodles until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from boil and cool.
- Cook potaotes with onion quarters and celery unitl potatoes are soft.
- Drain potatoes and remove celery and onions. (I try to remove the celery and onions with a slotted spoon before I drain the potatoes, about 2 minutes before I think they'll be done.)
- Mash potatoes with butter, NO MILK, and chives until smooth.
- Fry diced onions in some butter until soft.
- In a greased, or sprayed, lasagna pan, place one layer of noodles.
- Smooth over with one layer of mashed potatoes.
- "Sprinkle" on some sauteed onions.
- Sprinkle on some shredded cheese.
- Put a layer of sour cream
- Last layer should be cheese, sour cream and bread crumbs.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30-45 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Top with additional sour cream if you'd like.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
The Rating3 people
Great idea,our grands love pierogies!High 5!lanabade in Goshen loved it
I will make this dish this weekend. No I have changed my mind I will make this dish tonight. Thank you for a great recipe, Well done.unicorn4 in Melbourne loved it
This sounds interesting. Ok…ok… it sounds very good. Something out of the norm thanks for posting it.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!