Ragu Meets LeeFrom jolielives 7 years ago
- 1 Jar Chunky Ragu spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 1 Large onion Diced shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic (Peeled & Sliced, Not diced) shopping list
- 4 carrots (Fine Dice in Food Processor) shopping list
- 1 Mini sweet pepper (red) from Mexico (roasted over stovetop fire till blackened. Deseeded) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes Hot Optional shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons oregano shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoons sea salt shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- angel hair pasta (About a Nickel='s aprox 2 ortions shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- In Large Stovetop Pot, pour in about 4 to 6 Cups Water.
- Add 1 to 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil & 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt & turn on High to boil.
- Cut tips & bases off Carrots & cut into 1/2 to 3/4 " slices. Grind to tiny pieces, set aside.
- Dice Onion & Put into High Edged Skillet over Med/High heat
- Add the Oregano, Basil, Sea Salt & stir.
- Cook Onions for at least 5 minutes. Add sliced Garlic & stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add finely diced Carrots & stir.
- Slice the blackened Mini Red Pepper into bit sized pieces & dump into saute pan. Stir
- Cook Ingredients in Saute Pan for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
- Pour in the Bottle of Ragu Chunky garden Sauce.
- By this time your Pasta water should be boiling, add Pasta & stir.
- I like mine al dente or with a bite instead of being Baby Mush. Takes about 7 minutes.
- Stir the sauce while you stir the Pasta.
- Taste a strand of Pasta, if it's to your liking, drain it.
- Put Pasta onto two plates & put the Ragu Meets Me over the Pasta. Sprinkle with your favorite Cheese.
- The texture of the Carrots are just like Ground Beef, but there's no Beef.
- I put a little Mesculin Salad on the side with my Simple Salad Dressing.
- I'll leave my favorite Garlic Bread Recipe soon.
- Pour 2 glasses of Red Wine & share this amazing Gravy (Italians call Tomato sauce Gravy) & Pasta with someone you care for.
- Bueno Appetito
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookjolielives The Catskill Plateau , NY
The Rating6 people
HI FOLKS< Yeah fax does get alot of flack! I buy Natural oven bread, here in wisconsin they have an all natural bakery,called natural ovens, can I put the flax oil in the soup? I'll start looking for flax seed recipes for your site, need any help le...moresnowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Oh I forgot:( GREAT RECIPE!!! I love the title-Ragu meets Lee! Cute!! HIGH FIVE FORKS:)snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Sounds great! I love angel hair pasta too! High FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it