Deep Dish PizzaFrom pointsevenout 5 years ago
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 5 T olive oil shopping list
- 3 to 3 ½ c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 pkg rapid rise yeast shopping list
- 1 t leaf oregano shopping list
- 1 t thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 t baking powder shopping list
- ½ t salt shopping list
- ¼ t garlic powder shopping list
- ¼ t onion powder shopping list
- 1 c very warm water (120°F to 130°F) shopping list
- 1 egg, room temp shopping list
- ½ c tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 c shredded pepper monterey jack cheese shopping list
- ½ c shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- ¼ c small shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- ½ c thinly sliced pepperoni (optional) shopping list
- cornmeal shopping list
How to make it
- In a small sauce pot simmer garlic cloves in oil over medium heat until fragrant (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and cool. Strain and discard garlic.
- In large bowl, combine 1 ½ cups flour, un-dissolved yeast, oregano, thyme, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Gradually add very warm water and 2 T garlic flavored oil to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on floured surface until smooth, about 6 minutes, incorporating enough flour to keep the dough tacky but not sticky as kneaded. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Brush coat a 9 x 13 or 10 x 15 inch lipped baking sheet (depending on how thick you like your crust) with 2 T garlic flavored oil and dust with cornmeal. Place dough centered in baking sheet and work dough from center out; covering pan. Brush coat dough with remaining 1 T garlic flavored oil.
- Spread evenly with tomato sauce; top with cheeses and (optional pepperoni). Cover; let rise in warm place until almost doubled in size, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake for 25 minutes or until done. Remove from sheet. Cut into squares. Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
The Rating8 people
Pizza looks absolutely wonderful - thanks for the great post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Ditto on coming from NY Fan, but YUM. 5 & Grouped.
Jo & Leejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
Yum - gonna make this after Turkey day :)jett2whit in Union City loved it