Chicken And Rice CasseroleFrom bondc 5 years ago
- 4-6 chicken pieces shopping list
- 1 can each: cream of celery, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 1/2 cans milk (or 1 can milk and 1/2 can heavy cream) shopping list
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 c. rice shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in a baking dish, then add the rice, onion, and celery. Mix the soups and milk, then pour nearly all (reserve about 1/2 c.) in the baking dish. Mix the rice, onion, celery and soup mixture and smooth out. Place the chicken on top, pour the reserved soup mixture over all, cover tightly, and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the cover, sprinkle the top with paprika, and bake another half hour, until the top is golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 34
The Cookbondc State College, PA
The Rating6 people
I was looking for a great chicken and rice recipe and looks like I found it. This sounds great.jencathen in loved it
This turns out delicious every time. I also saute an 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms and add it to the rice soup mixture.jencathen in loved it
I'm confused a bit on the 1 1/2 can measure of milk. If you are talking about using the soup can as a measure for the milk, I did screw up. The only canned milk I have in the pantry is condensed milk and sweetened evaporated milk. I took a chance and...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it