Shrimp On The Grill With Sweet Peanut Butter SauceFrom krumkake 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter and soy sauce; blend well.
- Stir in the sugar, garlic, oil and water; heat until sugar is dissolved. If sauce becomes too thick, thin with more water.
- Remove enough sauce to brush on the shrimp before, during and after grilling; leave remaining sauce in the pan and keep warm until serving.
- Thread shrimp on skewers; brush with peanut butter sauce.
- Grill on a covered grill, over medium-hot coals, for 5 to 6 minutes (turning once halfway through cooking), or until shrimp turn a nice pink – do not overcook!
- Baste shrimp again after turning them.
- Brush shrimp with sauce again just before serving.
- Remove shrimp from skewers and serve with the remaining warm sauce for dipping.
- NOTE: I've also used this with boneless, skinless chicken breast or pork tenderloin.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
oh, I like this one! Thank you for posting it.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Made these last night. The marinade is so amazing! It has the perfect balance of salty and sweet with that extra hint of "umami." LOVE THIS ONE. I have to admit it though -- i don't have a grill, so I did the cheater thing and sauteed these in a pan ...moregrumblebee in victoria loved it
I have never tried anything like this before, and I love peanut butter. This has me drooling, I will try this next week for sure. We love to grill..:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it