Slow Cooker Tamale PieFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans,drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 (8.5 oz) corn bread/corn muffin mix shopping list
- 1/3 c milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 Tbs melted butter shopping list
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Place ground beef in a skillet over med. heat,and cook and stir the beef until it is browned,about 10 mins,breaking up the meatas it cooks. Drain the beef,and place it in slow cooker Stir in kidney beans,enchilada sauce and garlic powder.
- In a bowl,combine the corn bread mix with milk,egg and butter and stir till just mixed. Stir in Cheddar cheese. Spoon corn bread mixture over the beef mixture in the slow cooker.
- Set cooker to low,cover and cook until the corn bread topping is cooked through and set,about 5 hours.
People Who Like This Dish 32
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating11 people
Ya' know, u r my personal:) Thanks to ur recipe here, I have my weejkly menu!!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!! BTW... The cookies u sent me are made and 'all gone':)!!! Thank u will be making this & the cookies alot!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
I make something like this (but not in the slow cooker)
Good one, Pat. ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Love my Jiffy mix recipes, never thought of doing it in a slow cooker before...can't wait to give this a shot next week. YUMMYnotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it