Beef With Red Wine GravyFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 3 lbs beef stew meat,cut in 1" cubes shopping list
- 1 lb fresh medium mushrooms,halved shopping list
- 1 med. onion ,sliced shopping list
- 1 can (10-1/2 oz) condensed beef broth,undiluted shopping list
- 1 c dry red wine shopping list
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix shopping list
- 2 Tbs tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 bayleaf shopping list
- 1/4 c cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 c cold water shopping list
- Hot cooked egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Place beef,mushrooms and onionin 5 qt. slow cooker. In small bowl,combine broth,wine,gravy mix,tomato paste,salt and bayleaf. Pour over top.
- Cover,cook on low 6-7 hours or till beef is tender. Discard bayleaf. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth;stir into meat mixture. Cover and cook on high for 15 mins or until thickened. Serve with noodles.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating12 people
Beautifully simple elegance!! Love it.. An 'impressive' dish.. HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
ok now i guess im coming for lunch these sound great lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Pat this sounds wonderful! I make a similar dish but it doesn't have the wine or tomato paste. This is on the menu board for this week! Thanks for the great post.
valinkenmore in Malott loved it