My Best Carrot CakeFrom zena824 7 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cups canola oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups grated carrots shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
- 1 (3 1/2 oz) package flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
- buttermilk glaze: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Cream Cheese Frosting: shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 (3oz) pkg cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Line three 9 inch round cake pans with wax paper; lightly grease and flour wax paper; set aside pans.
- Stir together first 4 ingredients.
- Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with a mixer until
- Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Fold in carrots and next 3 ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until tooth pick comes clean out of center of cake.
- Buttermilk Glaze:
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Boil, stirring often, 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Drizzle glaze evenly over layers; cool in pans on wire racks 15
- minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with a mixer until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Can Garnish top of cake with extra pecans or walnuts.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating16 people
I JUST promised my husband a homemade carrot cake this weekend - you just supplied me with the perfect one...thank you, Zena! I will let you know how I do - I'm printing it off right now...
I'll take a picture for you!
OK Zena, I am OFF to the kitchen to prepare this cake - I promise a picture and I'm sure a perfect "5" when I'm done. I can't wait to taste it!!
Update - it's not ready for a picture yet, but I've made myself sick eating the leftover glaze and "taste-testing" the frosting...picked a couple crumbs off the cakes when I removed them from the pans - oh MAN, there is no way this is going to be any...more