Coconut Cake cookieFrom bigcookiedude 5 years ago
- 2 1/4 C flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 lb butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 C packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 C granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz) Jello™ coconut cream instant pudding shopping list
- 2 (large) eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon extract shopping list
- 1 C flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 lemon (for filling) shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon zest shopping list
- 1/3 C juice of freshly squeezed lemon shopping list
- 1/3 C sweetened condensed milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together first 3 ingredients into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add instant pudding, mixing well. Add eggs, then lemon extract, mixing until well blended. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary. Slowly add flour, mixing well. Stir in the coconut until well blended.
- Using a standard ice cream scoop (2 oz), or rounded tablespoons, drop dough onto an un-greased baking sheet. Make an indention in the center of each cookie with your thumb, or a rounded handle (1" diameter) * Fill cookies with lemon filling.
- For 2 oz cookie, bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes. For rounded tablespoon-size cookies, bake 12-14 minutes. After one minute, transfer from pan to wire rack to cool.
- Yield: 18-20 (2 oz) cookies, 36-40 tablespoon-size cookies
- *To Freeze: Prepare cookie dough according to directions. Scoop portions onto a baking sheet. Press indention's into center of cookies using your thumb, the back of a spoon, or (as I do) the handle of an ice cream scoop.
- Freeze the cookies for 30-45 minutes.
- Place frozen cookies in a re-sealable bag until ready to bake.
- When ready to bake, blend together the filling ingredients until well incorporated. Spoon filling into center of each cookie.
- Bake frozen cookies at 350 degrees, 20-22 minutes (for BIG cookies), 18-20 minutes for smaller size.
The Cookbigcookiedude Vinton, VA
The Rating4 people
What a great recipe and so unique! Thanks for posting this as its just perfect for any holiday and dessert!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
i think my girls will love these!andiecooks in home loved it
Oh Yum, you have my 5 and I'm speechless.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!