Chipotle Lime Bacon-Wrapped ShrimpFrom shirleyoma 7 years ago
- 12 large, raw, peeled and deveined shrimp shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- Zest from 1 lime shopping list
- juice from one lime (about 2 Tbsp) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder shopping list
- 6 strips thin bacon, cut in half (12 pieces) shopping list
- skewers (for grilling) or toothpicks (for oven) shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Mix together in a small bowl the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, and chipotle powder. Put the shrimp in the lime chipotle mixture; make sure each piece is well coated.
- bacon-wrapped-shrimp-1.jpg bacon-wrapped-shrimp-2.jpg
- 2 Prepare grill on high, direct heat (if grilling) or preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 3 Working one at a time, wrap a half piece of bacon around each piece of shrimp. If you are grilling, thread the shrimp onto long, flat skewers (flat skewers make turning the shrimp on the grill easier). If you don't have flat skewers, I've used two thin bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes beforehand) to the same effect. If you are using the oven, secure each the bacon onto the shrimp with toothpicks. Place the bacon-wrapped shrimp on a slotted baking pan (lined with foil inside for easy cleaning). Brush remaining lime chipotle mixture on the outside of the bacon-wrapped shrimp10
- bacon-wrapped-shrimp-3.jpg bacon-wrapped-shrimp-4.jpg
- 4 Grill uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or bake in the oven for 10-14 minutes, until shrimp is pink and the bacon is crisp.
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating12 people
wow, great recipenakedchef in Taichung loved it
So simple yet so gorgeous. I love shrimp and boy, do I love bacon *drool* This ones a keeper. Bookmarking it now. Thanks for a great post.danadooley in Singapore loved it
Added to the group Party Food thank you for sharing.
Mmmmmmmmm I have some Jumbo shrimp shrimp how exciting is that.
Five forkstrigger in loved it