Crab Cake Sliders With AvocadoFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 celery stalk, very finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sweet red bell pepper, peeled and very finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Best Foods mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs (I used one mini brioche bun, crust removed, run thru food processor) shopping list
- ½ lb. fresh Dungeness crab meat shopping list
- 1 tablespoon each fresh chopped chives & parsley shopping list
- Cajun spice seasoning, to taste shopping list
- All purpose flour, for dusting shopping list
- oil & butter, for pan frying shopping list
- 4 miniature brioche buns shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Best Foods mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ketchup shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish shopping list
- A little fresh squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- Sugar, to taste shopping list
- Toppings: shopping list
- 1 medium ripe avocado, sliced (squeeze lemon juice on slices to prevent browning) shopping list
- 4 small inner leaves of red leaf lettuce (or other lettuce/mixed greens) shopping list
- 4 lemon wedges, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In small sauté pan, melt butter and sauté celery and red bell pepper until soft. Put into a mixing bowl along with the remaining crab cake ingredients. When adding crab, be careful when folding it in, as to not break it up too much.
- Form into 4 patties (same diameter as the brioche buns you are using) See Photo. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Lightly dredge crab cakes in flour, patting off excess. Melt 1 tablespoon butter with about 1 tablespoon of oil in a nonstick pan. Fry crab cakes on each side until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes per side). Transfer crab cakes to a baking sheet and finish in the oven at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut each bun in half and toast in a skillet. Spread sauce on buns, place crab cake on each, top with avocado and a lettuce leaf. Place bun on top and skewer with bamboo skewer and lemon garnish.