Little Debbie Who? Peanut Butter BarsFrom keni 6 years ago
For the Shortbread Cookie
- 10T butter shopping list
- 1t vanilla shopping list
- 1T light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup corn starch shopping list
For the peanut butter Middle
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 2T butter, softened shopping list
- 1T honey shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
For the chocolate Coating
- 1/2lb chocolate candy coating or disks shopping list
How to make it
- Combine peanut butter, butter and honey in electric or stand mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until dough forms.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Pinch off about T sized bits of peanut butter dough and "roll" between your palms to form a rope of dough about as big around as your little finger and about 2 inches long. See Photo
- Arrange on metal baking sheet.
- If dough become too soft, place it back in the fridge or the freezer for a short time.
- If your hands becomes sticky while rolling the ropes, dust them with a bit of powdered sugar, but don't wet them :)
- Place tray in freezer while preparing shortbread dough.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy
- Add corn syrup and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Cut in flour and cornstarch to create a moldable dough
- Form into ball and refrigerate about 20 minutes. See Photo
- When both the shortbread dough and the peanut butter dough ropes have chilled, pinch of about 2-3T sized bits of shortbread dough and pat between palms to create a "sheet" of dough that a rope will fit into. See Photo
- Fold edges up and over to complete cover peanut butter rope.
- Return to the same cool baking sheet.
- Repeat to cover all peanut butter ropes. Try to make sure all edges are sealed and press together any breaks or cracks.
- Bake at 325 for about 18 minutes until shortbread is just barely lightly browning. See Photo
- Let cool completely. Shortbread should cool to a crispy shell.
- Melt Chocolate coating per package directions and dip each cookie into chocolate to cover top and sides. See Photo
- Place uncovered side down on cooling rack.
- Repeat with all cookies and let cool completely before serving.