Southern Fried Chicken LiversFrom chefjeb 9 years ago
How to make it
- Drain livers
- Combine flour, salt and pepper and set aside
- Lightly salt and pepper livers
- Roll in seasoned flour
- Fry in very hot oil. Oil should come to about halfway up livers.
- Flip once to cook other side.
- When golden brown and cooked through, remove and drain on paper towels.
- Note: Chicken livers have a tendency to pop and spatter oil, so use a spatter shield.
- Note: You could add some Creole seasoning, if you choose. But do not overspice.
People Who Like This Dish 36
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating17 people
Yep, chefjeb - you just made me hungry for chicken livers! We love the stuff and fix it just as you described...they melt in your mouth, and people who say the hate liver could NEVER have tried them like this. Even my kids loved these when they wer...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Ok, It is only breakfast time and I am already craving chicken livers! I love them. For everything I love I should explode by now!!!recipediva in Pittsburgh loved it
Chef Jeb, I love this liver recipe. Even with cooking livers in 100 lb. batches at Rollande et Pierre for their liver spread, I love chicken livers made any way. When made just like this they are a great treat. Chalet Suzanne in Lake Wales, Florida...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it