Taco Bell EnchiritosFrom nativeprincess 6 years ago
- 1 lb ground beef (yep, I use ground turkey) shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried onion shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 dash garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 16 oz can refried beans shopping list
- 10-12 fajita size flour tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced onions shopping list
- 1 10 oz can La Victoria red chili sauce shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, combine ground meat with the flour, chili powder, salt, minced onion, paprika, onion powder & garlic powder. Use your hands to throughly mix the ingredients int the ground meat.
- Add the ground meat mixture to the water in a in a skillet over medium heat. Mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula and break up the meat throughly as it cooks. Cook for 10 minutes or so until completely cooked. The fnished product should be very smooth without large chunks of meat remaining.
- Microwave the beans for a couple of minutes on high.
- Warm the tortillas by wrapping in moist paper towels and microvave on high or 1 minute.
- Spoon 3 tbsp of the beans down the center of each tortilla.
- Spoon 3 tbsp meat over the beans, and place in microwave safe cassarole.
- Spoon a couple of tbsp of red sauce over the top of the tortilla, sprinkle a couple of tbsp of cheddar cheese on top.
- Repeat until casserole dish is full.
- Heat up in microwave until hot & cheese begins to melt.
- Garnish with sour cream & green onions if desired.
- NOTE: I don't use my microwave much, I, personally, bake the casserole in the oven until heated through...
The Cooknativeprincess Magalia, CA
The Rating2 people
Love it! I also use ground turkey in everything! This recipe is fantastic!FavoriteFixins in Daytona Beach loved it
I've never had an enchirito so I don't know what they look like. Do you roll them up like a burrito or enchilada?frankieanne in Somewhere loved it
Oh, I see! The ingredients look great. I have to admit to a guilty hankering for Taco Bell once in a while! :)frankieanne in Somewhere loved it