Sirloin Tip Roast Au PoivreFrom otterpond 4 years ago
- 2lb sirloin tip roast shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp cracked black peppercorns shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- -- mustard Sauce shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic crushed shopping list
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp horse radish sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp ginger root, ground shopping list
- 1/2 tsp oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 500
- Clean and dry the roast then sprinkle with kosher salt.
- In morter, crush the peppercorn until you have a large coarse mix.
- Prepare the mustard sauce by mixing well crushed garlic, dijon mustard, horse radish sauce, ground ginger root, and oregano. See Photo
- Spread the mustard evenly over the roast then sprinkle on the cracked peppercorns.
- Quarter the onion and arrange in bottom of the roasting pan to make a bed on which the roast can sit. See Photo
- Put the roast in the 500 degree oven and allow to sear for about 5 minutes then reduce the heat to 350. The roast will be medium when the thermometer reads 150. This should be about 30 minutes. Thermometer is best to know when it is properly cooked to your liking.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
The Rating1 people
Oh yes....come to mama......chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
Was missing the ginger but don't think anyone noticed a bit! :) Made this last night for hubby and I and we LOVED it. Went back for seconds. The dijon/horseradish mixture is a winner. Will totally make this again. Thanks Laura!
More on IMI
...morechuckieb in Ottawa loved it