Green Pea CasseroleFrom keni 5 years ago
- 2 bags frozen peas, 10 oz each(keep them frozen) shopping list
- a double recipe of this: Make It Yourself Condensed Cream Of Soups using 2 stalks celery(I didn't finely chop them, rather just regular chopped them, for this, to keep their texture) and 1 medium onion shopping list
- another 1/4 cupish of stock shopping list
- dash of hot sauce shopping list
- 8oz cheddar or colby cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 cup french fried onions shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare Make It Yourself Condensed Cream Of Soups per directions, using larger pieces of veggies, if desired, but still cooking until tender.
- Add rest of stock, hot sauce and salt and pepper.
- Add cheese and remove from heat.
- Stir well to combine and melt cheese.
- Add peas and stir to combine. The cold peas will kinda bind up the warm cheese mix, but that's okay...it will loosen as it cooks but this way, the peas shouldn't get over cooked and retain some of their crispness.
- Pour into lightly sprayed round casserole dish or individual serving dishes.
- Bake at 350 for about 1-15 minutes until warmed through.
- Add onions and bake another 5 or so to slightly brown them.