Ablondigas Inspired Meatball SoupFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1lb lean meat, ground(I used venison, but lamb, beef, chicken or turkey could probably be used) shopping list
- 1/2 small onion, grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup corn bread crumbs shopping list
- 3T buttermilk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1t Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1-2t pasilla pepper, ground(can sub ground Poblano, or similar, if desired) shopping list
For Soup Base
- 1/2-1 cup hot peppers, diced or chopped(can use canned, if desired, don't drain) shopping list
- 1 small onion or 2-3 shallots, minced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 6-7 cups enchilada sauce(I used Basic enchilada sauce ) shopping list
- 2 cups diced tomatoes(canned is fine, don't drain) shopping list
- about 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 6oz Mexican pasta shopping list
- sour cream or Mexican Crema shopping list
- fresh cilantro shopping list
- grated Cotija shopping list
- tortillas shopping list
- lime wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all meatball ingredients together well.
- In large soup pot, saute onions, garlic and pepper for about 5 minutes, just to begin to soften.
- Add remaining soup ingredients, expect for pasta.
- Drop meat mixture by 2T sized rounds(I used my baby cookie scoop)
- Bring to simmer and let simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add pasta and continue to cook until pasta is tender and meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with garnishes(I STRONGLY recommend not leaving out the lime wedges and just give a drizzle over each bowl at serving :)