Basic Enchilada SauceFrom elgourmand 6 years ago
- • 2 tsp vegetable oil shopping list
- • 2 tsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- • 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- • 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce or chopped tomatoes. shopping list
- • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine (optional) shopping list
- • 2 cups water shopping list
- • salt and fresh ground pepper to taste shopping list
- • 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Put everything but the oil, flour and chili powder in a blender and puree.
- 2. Heat oil in large 2-quart saucepan; stir in flour and chili powder; cook for 1 minute.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Makes 3 cups sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 30
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating10 people
Think I will give this a try and see the outcome. Thanks for the opportunity.tablescape in loved it
High 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Thank-you for supplying a "5"FORK!!!!! recipe
for Enchilada Sauce~ The sauce in cans
is just awful!(in my opinion)
In the past I have resorted to using the dry
mix that comes in a 'packet'(yes-I remember
how muc...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!