Chicken And Gnocchi SoupFrom foodygirl1979 4 years ago
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cooked and diced shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups half and half shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 3 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 carrots, shredded shopping list
- 1 small to medium sized onion, diced shopping list
- 1- 6 ounce bag baby spinach shopping list
- 1- 16oz. package potato gnocchi (I used the mini ones) shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in about 2 tablespoons cold water (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in pot over medium heat.
- Saute the onion, celery, garlic and carrots, until onion becomes translucent.
- Add chicken and chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
- Add gnocchi and gently boil until they are done (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add half and half and allow to heat through.
- Add spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Combine cornstarch and water to make a slurry, if using.
- Bring soup to a gentle boil and add slurry, optional, a little at a time, until desired thickness is achieved.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
- NOTE: This soup is a great use of leftover chicken, but in my case I just cooked chicken tenders that I seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until done. Also, you can find the gnocchi in the pasta section of your grocery store.
People Who Like This Dish 30
The Cookfoodygirl1979 Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating5 people
This is very yummy! Kind of like chicken pot pie. I used chicken that I poached in chicken stock seasoned with Mrs. Dash original. I didn't have spinach so left it out. I also added some Mrs. Dash seasoning to the soup and about 2 tbsp cornstarch.DetroitTokyo in Detroit loved it
Wonderful! This is chicken soup kicked up a gnocch.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
keni in Sweet Home loved it