Italian Gnocchi - TriditionalFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
How to make it
- Cook potatoes until soft drain and rinse and mash set aside.
- On a large board or large baking sheet put the flour on a board or baking sheet, make a well in the middle for the potatoes and egg.
- Place the mashed potatoes in the center of the flour and add the beaten egg using your hand work the mix until everything is sticky, try to work fast all the mix should stay warm.
- Now add more flour till the dough no longer sticks to your hands, form into a ball. Now cut a chunk rolling into a long snake, cut pieces 1” in size poke your finger in the center or touch it to the coarse side of a greater for design put in boiling water. They will not take long. Once they float to the top they are done. In a large pasta bowl mix in your home made tomato sauce and use grated Romano cheese mix in then sprinkled over top. Serve.
- NOTE: This is My recipe that was past down to me. My grand mother brought this recipe with her when she came here from Italy.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating10 people
This is one of my husbands favorite dishes and the best part is - her makes them himself! I love Gnocchi Gorgonzola - yum! I am printing your recipe out - because he can sympathize with your mother - they do fall apart sometimes (I think it is the ...morevalinkenmore in Malott loved it
wow mother has a wonderful recipe and you great post a definite try for me thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I have got to try this!! I love a challenge in the kitchen =Dshandy in Port Orchard loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!