Tangy Ground Beef Patties And ZucchiniFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine. You can subsitute the wine with beef broth ,omit salt if doing so. shopping list
- 1 shallot, finely chopped or 2 green onions, thinly sliced. shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup salad oil shopping list
- 4 medium zucchini (about 1 lb.) thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Shape ground beef into 4 plump, round patties. Place in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix wine, shallot, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard,salt, sugar, thyme and pepper.
- Gradually beat in oil.
- Pour over beef patties. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove beef patties, reserving marinade.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of the marinade in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown patties well on each side until done to taste, 4 to 6 minutes per side; turn once.
- Remove to warm serving dish.
- Add about 2 tablespoons more marinade to pan . In it stir-fry zucchini until tender-crisp, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini to serving dish.
- Heat remaining marinade in pan, to boiling,stirring in drippings.
- Pour over patties and zucchini