Uvich Spanish RiceFrom darbar 8 years ago
- 4 bone-in pork chops about 3/4" thick shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked white rice (not converted) shopping list
- 1 yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 small can diced tomatoes with juices shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 15 oz. (tomato sauce can) of water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil shopping list
- (or preferably two tablespoons Ghee to replace the butter and oil) shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- In an Dutch Oven, heat butter and oil or ghee.
- Generously salt and pepper both sides of all chops. Brown the chops on both sides in the butter and oil (or ghee) slowly on medium heat.. After they are golden brown on both sides, remove chops from pan to a large plate. Add onions to Dutch Oven and saute onions until soft and just starting to brown, scraping any browned bits up while stirring.
- Pour in rice, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with juices, water, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Return chops to Dutch Oven, pushing them into the rice mixture gently.
- Cover tightly and cook in the oven for one hour.