Peanut Butter French ToastFrom christinem 4 years ago
- 4 thick slices bread (Texas toast, French, Italian, Portuguese sweet bread, etc) shopping list
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup egg white (about two large) shopping list
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter, creamy or chunky, softened shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together almond milk, egg whites, peanut butter (make sure it's very soft - I heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds since I keep my pb in the fridge), vanilla and cinnamon.
- Melt butter on griddle over medium heat. Dip bread slices in peanut butter mixture, letting each side sop some up. Place on griddle and cook about 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with desired toppings and/or fruit.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- Cosmicmother Red Deer, Canada
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- icecreamuffin Abilene, TX
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- zoetheunicorn Hastings, AU
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- optimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
- essentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
- keni Sweet Home, AL
- christinem Worcester, MA
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookchristinem Worcester, MA
The Rating2 people
LOVE peanut butter....and love warmed peanut butter even more! :) Nice job.keni in Sweet Home loved it
Yum! :) What a tasty treat. This was a great way for me to add some extra calories to breakfast without making it any sweeter! :) I used oatmeal bread and I put a lil drizzle of honey on mine, but my niece used some apple cider syrup from last week....morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
Good stuff Maynard!
10/26/13pointsevenout in Athens loved it