宮保鸡丁 Kung Pao ChickenFrom resc 6 years ago
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 8 small dried red chili peppers shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 scallions shopping list
- 1 tsp. szechuan peppercorn shopping list
- ½ cup peanuts or cashews shopping list
- a few drops sesame oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp. chinese rice wine or dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tbsp. dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp. chinese rice wine or dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. Combine with A, adding the cornstarch last. Marinate the chicken for 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine B. Set aside.
- Cut the chilies in half so that they are approximately the same size as the chicken cubes. Remove the seeds. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Cut scallions on the diagonal into thirds.
- Heat the wok over medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken. Stir-fry until it turns white and is nearly cooked. Remove from the wok.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and stir-fry until aromatic (about 30 seconds).
- Add the chili peppers and the Szechuan peppercorn if using. Stir-fry briefly until they turn dark red.
- Add B to the wok. Bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken back into the pan.
- Stir in the peanuts or cashews and the scallions.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sesame oil. Serve hot.