Ginger Garlic ChickenFrom DetroitTokyo 5 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked rice (I used Basmati) shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock (optional - see directions) shopping list
- 1 pound snow peas or sugar snap peas, trimmed & cut in half shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced shopping list
- 2 tsp fresh ginger root, peeled & grated shopping list
- 3 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- sea salt & black pepper, freshly ground - to taste shopping list
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice according to instructions on package, using chicken stock in place of water if you choose.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 tbsp cornstarch and 1/2 cup cold water until smooth. Add peas, garlic, ginger, sugar, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Toss well to combine and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk egg with remaining 3 tbsp cornstarch, salt & pepper. Add chicken. Toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Take about half of the chicken pieces (shake off excess coating) and add to skillet. Cook until golden, turning occasionally, for about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- Add snow pea mixture to skillet. Cover and cook until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and toss to coat. Serve with rice.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
The Rating1 people
Looks so yummy!RavenWhite in Bowling Green loved it
It was great! :D So great there wasn't any left to take a picture of! I put sugar snap peas and broccoli with it made some stir fry veggies with some rice vinegar to add with it and of course rice. :) Thank you for the wonderful dinner idea.RavenWhite in Bowling Green loved it