Oven Fried Chicken With Honey Butter SauceFrom frankieanne 1 year ago
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- 1 stick of butter, melted shopping list
- For the sauce shopping list
- 4 Tbs (1/4 cup) of butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup of honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice (2 large lemons should do it) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F (Mr. Food says 400 but that is too high. Burning starts to occur at 40 minutes). Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a shallow bowl (I used a zipper bag). Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- Pour melted butter in a 9 x 13” baking pan (I just let the stick of butter melt in the pan while preheating). Add pieces of floured chicken in a single layer, turning chicken to coat with butter.
- Bake skin side down 30 minutes. While chicken is cooking, make sauce by melting butter in a small pan and beating in honey and lemon juice.
- Turn chicken pieces, pour sauce over and bake an additional 30 minutes or until tender. Spoon pan juices over chicken and serve.
- I threw some asparagus in the pan when there was a remaining 10 minutes of cooking time.
People Who Like This Dish 31
The Cookfrankieanne Ukiah, CA
The Rating2 people
That Mr Food sure does have some great sounding recipes. Thanks for posting it here Frankie, great photo!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Breast tender and moist all the way through. Nice flavor too.pointsevenout in Athens loved it