Ravioli With Havarti Bella Cream SauceFrom keni 3 years ago
- 2lbs raw stuffed pasta ie ravioli, tortellini, etc(I used mushrooms ravioli) shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 2T corn starch shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced shopping list
- 3 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 8oz fresh baby bella mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 16oz heavy cream shopping list
- 8oz havarti cheese, grated shopping list
- couple dashes of hot sauce shopping list
- fresh ground pepper and kosher or sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water for pasta.
- Meanwhile in medium heavy sauce pan, melt butter and add onion.
- Cook about 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring often, until onions start to get tender.
- Add garlic and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add corn starch and stir well to coat with the butter, to create a roux consistency.
- Slowly add cream and stir until incorporated.
- Add mushrooms and increase heat slightly to bring contents to a boil then immediately reduce heat back down to medium low.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook per directions and let the mushrooms cook in the cream.
- Add cheese, hot sauce pepper and salt(if needed), and stir until completely melted.
- Drain pasta and serve with the sauce.