Grilled Chicken Caprese Sandwich With Balsamic MayoFrom keni 4 years ago
For chicken Marinade
- 3lbs boneless, skinless chicken pieces(I used thighs) shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 3T olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- a drizzle of honey shopping list
- 1t worcestershire sauce shopping list
- plenty of fresh ground pepper and a lil kosher or sea salt shopping list
For Balsamic Mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2T balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1T coarse ground mustard shopping list
- a couple dashes of hot sauce shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
For Sandwich assembly
- 6 sandwich buns shopping list
- fresh basil leaves(enough for a few on each sandwich, as you would spinach or lettuce. This is a good way to use up some of those rampant leaves:) shopping list
- fresh sliced tomatoes shopping list
- about 12oz fresh mozzarella, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all marinade ingredients and add to chicken in a large zipper bag.
- Toss to coat.
- Let refrigerate at least 4 hours, but over night is better.
- Grill over medium high heat until done(160-165 degrees).
For Balsamic Mayo
- Combine all ingredients and set aside
- Toss the cut sides of each bun on the hot grill for a couple minutes, just to toast.
- Then, lay down a couple slices of cheese on the warm bun, top with warm chicken, then tomato slices and basil leaves.
- Spread the mayo over the top portion of the bun.
- *I served this with Lays Garden Tomato and Basil chips. Perfect!
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
Really delicious! The marinade gave the chicken a great flavor. I loved the sauce, too! A bit more in Ml2c's IMI thread.
11/8/15frankieanne in North northern loved it
mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it