Grilled Chicken Caprese Sandwich With Balsamic MayoFrom keni 3 years ago
For chicken Marinade
- 3lbs boneless, skinless chicken pieces(I used thighs) shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 3T olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- a drizzle of honey shopping list
- 1t worcestershire sauce shopping list
- plenty of fresh ground pepper and a lil kosher or sea salt shopping list
For Balsamic Mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2T balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1T coarse ground mustard shopping list
- a couple dashes of hot sauce shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
For Sandwich assembly
- 6 sandwich buns shopping list
- fresh basil leaves(enough for a few on each sandwich, as you would spinach or lettuce. This is a good way to use up some of those rampant leaves:) shopping list
- fresh sliced tomatoes shopping list
- about 12oz fresh mozzarella, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all marinade ingredients and add to chicken in a large zipper bag.
- Toss to coat.
- Let refrigerate at least 4 hours, but over night is better.
- Grill over medium high heat until done(160-165 degrees).
For Balsamic Mayo
- Combine all ingredients and set aside
- Toss the cut sides of each bun on the hot grill for a couple minutes, just to toast.
- Then, lay down a couple slices of cheese on the warm bun, top with warm chicken, then tomato slices and basil leaves.
- Spread the mayo over the top portion of the bun.
- *I served this with Lays Garden Tomato and Basil chips. Perfect!
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
Really delicious! The marinade gave the chicken a great flavor. I loved the sauce, too! A bit more in Ml2c's IMI thread.
11/8/15frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it