Guinness Chicken And Bacon StewFrom gourmetana 1 year ago
- 8 chicken thighs shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/4 cup bacon, finely sliced shopping list
- 1 14 oz can of Guinness beer shopping list
- 1 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pan heat the olive oil and sear the chicken evenly.
- Remove it to a plate and set aside.
- Fry the bacon in the pan until cooked. Pour over your chicken.
- Sautee the onions and garlic in the bacon oil for about 5 minutes, stirring often to release all the flavors in the bottom of the pan.
- Add the flour and stir. Pour the Guinness over the onions and blend them well. Add the tomato paste and stir.
- Place the chicken and bacon on the Guinness stew. Season well with salt and pepper and add the fresh thyme.
- Reduce to a gentle simmer, put the lid on and let it cook until the chicken is perfectly tender.
- ***You might need to add some chicken stock or water when simmering the chicken. I eye ball it - it also depends if you like a thick stew or not.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookgourmetana Aveiro, Portugal
The Rating2 people
This was so good. It had such great flavor. I only had two chicken quarters so I had two thighs and two drumsticks. Didn't change any of the sauce ingredients at all except for the onion. I only used one as my onion was pretty big. I cooked my c...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
This looks super tasty. Adding Guiness to the grocery list for tomorrow.frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
This looks and sounds awesome. Thanks for sharingmrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it