Caribbean Sun-of-a Beach Hot Pepper SauceFrom geckofiend 7 years ago
- 1/2 pound red habanero chiles, seeds and stems removed shopping list
- 1 white onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup lime juice (or lemon juice) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 medium papaya, boiled until tender, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tomato, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the chiles, onion, garlic, papaya, and tomato in a food processor and puree (you may have to do this in batches).
- Remove to a shallow bowl.
- Combine the vinegar, lime juice, and water in a saucepan and heat until it reaches a slight boil.
- Sprinkle the thyme, basil, nutmeg, mustard, and turmeric.
- Pour this hot, spiced mixture over the reserved puree and mix thoroughly.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookgeckofiend Columbus, OH
The Rating4 people
Jeez, I don't know who gave any rate under 5 but this is 5 fork hot in my circles. I have made one similar to this but w/o the nutmeg.....good addition! Thanksdtour in Somewhere In Florida loved it
LOVE THE NAME I BOOKMARKED THIS I GAVE IT A 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!