Mediterranean Breakfast WrapsFrom keni 3 years ago
- 1 dozen eggs shopping list
- 1/2lb bacon, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 8oz feta cheese crumbles shopping list
- 1 large roasted red pepper(fresh roasted or jarred) shopping list
- 1 large red or sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2-2t red pepper flakes shopping list
- about 10oz fresh spinach shopping list
- 8oz fresh mushrooms, chopped or sliced shopping list
- 1t dried oregano or sub 1T fresh, minced shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 12 "taco sized" flour tortillas(I used whole grain to give a non "Mexican" vibe, and I highly recommend them:) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large non stick or lightly oiled or sprayed skillet, cook onions fora bout 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, red peppers, pepper flakes and mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes or so.
- In large glass bowl, beat eggs well with a lil salt and pepper(and a couple dashes of hot sauce, if desired.... I desired:)
- Add eggs to skillet and cook, stirring often to scramble, until cooked through.
- Add spinach, oregano, feta, bacon and salt(if more is needed) and pepper.
- Stir together and heat through just to slightly wilt the spinach. You might need to add the spinach a lil at a time as it cooks down a bit.
- Wrap "enchilada" or "burrito" style and serve or wrap well in cling wrap and freezer safe zipper bags and keep for a great quick breakfast on the go for busy school or work mornings. (about 1 minute in the microwave, from frozen)
People Who Like This Dish 15
- foodygirl1979 Pittsburgh, PA
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- duboo North Dakota
- steeltown Hanover, Pennsylvania
- superfox12082 Somewhere, Minnesota
- tuilelaith Columbia, MO
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- glbaskin Nowhere, Us
- fishtrippin Estelline, SD
- Plus 5 othersFrom around the world!