Pierogi Lasagna Ala Mr. FoodFrom notyourmomma 1 year ago
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, cooled, separated so they don't stick shopping list
- about three cups of mashed potatoes (I used our leftovers from T-day, flavored with butter, cream, salt and pepper) shopping list
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 ring of turkey kielbasa or other kielbasa, cut into coins shopping list
- 3 cups of cooked onions (I used 5 cups or so raw and cooked them down) shopping list
- 1 small package of refrigerator sauerkraut (from the deli) drained well, the one pound package (I used Sabrett's brand, drained not rinsed) shopping list
- 4 cups of shredded cheese (Mr. Food used cheddar, I used mostly Monterey Jack and Cheddar mixed). shopping list
- 1/2 stick of melted butter. shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook, drain and cool noodles according to package directions.,
- Fry the sausage coins in half the vegetable oil until lightly browned,
- Drain and reserve.
- In the remaining fat in the pan, cook down the onions until softened and very lightly brown.
- Drain sauerkraut and mix into WARMED up potato mixture. It is easier to combine the potatoes, sauerkraut and kielbasa if the potatoes are warm. Cold they will not combine evenly. Taste filling and ADJUST seasoning to your taste adding pepper and salt if needed.
- Spray the bottom of a lasagna pan with cooking spray.
- Put three noodles on the bottom of the dish,
- top with 1/2 of the mashed potato mixture, 1/3 of the onions and 1/3 of the cheese, top with three more noodles.
- Layer remaining potatoes, 1/3 of the onions and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Top with last of the noodles.
- Top with remaining cheese and onions. Pour melted butter over exposed noodles. Be sure to tuck in the edges so they don't dry out and burn.
- Heat in oven until piping hot about 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool 5 minutes to set the filling and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
Well....not only does it appear 'Fred Friendly' it appears very 'Janet' friendly as well. Not a thing not to love! Mmm,mmm,mmmmm.......:) Great post Tina!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
I love the ingredients, sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing Tina:)NPMarie in Magalia loved it
This was so good!!!! We loved this:) More in Pierogi Lasagna Ala Mr Food Thanks Tina for sharing your version of Pierogi Lasagna:) 2/25/2013NPMarie in Magalia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!