Savory Sage And Mushroom PieFrom keni 1 year ago
- 3 cups shredded potatoes(shred your own or you can use frozen, thawed)--this should be 3 cups after the water is squeezed out. shopping list
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan, divided shopping list
- 1 stick butter, 4T melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves, rubbed and minced, divided shopping list
- 2lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 red or sweet onion, chopped or sliced into thin half moons shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/4-1t red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup Havarti(or you can use other cheeses like gruyere, Gouda, etc) shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper(use plenty of this! :) shopping list
How to make it
- Press as much water out of the shredded potatoes as possible.
- Combine potatoes with 1/2 of the sage, 1/2 cup Parmesan and some salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with the 4T of melted butter.
- Press into a lightly greased, or sprayed, deep dish pie pan covering the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake in a 425 oven for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside
- In large pan melt remaining butter.
- Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and red pepper flakes and saute just for about 5 minutes or so, stirring often.
- Add remaining sage, remaining Parmesan cheese and cream. Bring to a boil and cook just a few minutes until slightly thickened.
- Pour mushroom mixture into baked crust See Photo. Top with the Havarti See Photo
- Lower oven temp to 350 and bake 30-45 minutes, depending on how "done" you want your mushrooms and cheese is golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
I just got done making this. It,s sitting on my stove steaming. It,s delicious!! I tried following it to a t but modified it to the following of what I had In house. Only 1 lb mushrooms. 2 seemed a lot. I used mozzarella parm and mild cheddar. I didn...morehousewifeintraining in Minneapolis loved it
Good and savory.
See Savory Sage And Mushroom Pie for more.
1/15/14pointsevenout in Athens loved it