Fried Green Tomatoes With Country Milk GravyFrom tillia 9 years ago
- bacon, amt. needed per serving shopping list
- green tomato, sliced ¼-1/2”, Amt. needed per serving shopping list
- egg, beaten, amt. needed to coat tomatoes shopping list
- flour, seasoned w/ S&P, amt needed to coat tomatoes shopping list
- milk, Whole, about a quart, depends on # of servings shopping list
- flour, unseasoned, for gravy shopping list
- S&P, for gravy shopping list
- Optional: Use a Tempura Batter mix, for the flour/ egg batter. Follow instructions. Available at any store. shopping list
- Seasonings: Season gravy with thyme, sage, marjoram, or anything you like. shopping list
How to make it
- While frying the bacon, slice the tomatoes.
- Remove the bacon, place on paper plates/towels to drain. Keep warm.
- Dip tomato in seasoned flour, then egg, and then back in seasoned flour. Fry in bacon fat, until crispy brown.
- Remove, place on paper plates/towels to drain. Keep warm.
- Whisk in 1Tbl.Milk, and 1Tbl.plain flour, to the fat. Continue adding flour and milk this way until you have gravy.
- Serve tomatoes topped w/ bacon, then with gravy drizzled overtop.
The Cooktillia Warminster, PA
The Rating5 people
This looks sooooo gooood. Man I can't wait for summer. Saving this for now.luvshk in Republic loved it
Oh Honey! Love me some fried green tomatoes - love them even more fried in BACON GREASE!!!!possumqueen in Small Town loved it