My Baked Potato SoupFrom shirleyoma 9 years ago
- Shirley's Baked potato Soup shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 8 slices bacon with drippings retained. shopping list
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 6 cups hot chicken broth shopping list
- 5 largepotatoes, baked, peeled, and diced shopping list
- 2 cups half & half shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. basil (dried) shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. Cholula sauce or Tabasco or favorite hot sauce shopping list
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I use sharp) shopping list
- 1/4 cup scallions, diced shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Cook onions in bacon drippings until transparent.
- Add flour, whisking, and cook 3 to 5 minutes until it starts to turn golden.
- Add chicken broth, gradually whisking until mixture thickens.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add potatoes, cream, bacon, parsley, and seasonings. Simmer for 10 minutes. Don't boil.
- Add grated cheese and scallions. Heat until cheese melts completely. Garnish with bacon, cheese, and parsley.
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating6 people
Oh how yummie, I love soup, I know I keep saying when the weather cools off, darn I sure wish it would do that soon, these mid to upper 90's have been hanging around along time now. Anyway we do love Potato Soup and this one definately sounds creamy...morehenrie in Savannah loved it
your creamy patatoe soup sounds yummy ive got to try this one.bigstmpr in Edgewood loved it
WOW---sounds like perfect winter soup to me! :) Thank you, Shirley :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it