sour Cream Apple PieFrom borinda 7 years ago
- 1 9" pie shell, unbaked (to make a larger pie just double the batter and pile in those apple chunks!) shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- baking apples shopping list
- topping: shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup softened butter shopping list
How to make it
- Place pie crust into a shallow Pyrex pie dish (if doubling use their deep pie dish)
- Mix the filling's ingredients and pour that into the pie shell. Peel and core apples and cut them into bite-sized chunks and mix them into the custard so each chunk is coated. When it feels very full and difficult to add more apples - stop!
- (While baking - mix the topping ingredients so you can crumble that over pie when it's needed)
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Lower heat to 350 and continue to bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, reset the heat to 400, and top with the waiting topping - crumble over the pie. Put back in the oven and bake 10 minutes more.
- This is excellent at room temperature and also chilled.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating9 people
I just made this tonight and it was delicious! I made it just as stated with a little less sugar because my apples were so sweet. It's really easy and smells terrific! I did sub allspice for nutmeg though. Excellent recipe Borinda!! I added a pi...morejustjakesmom in Everett loved it
ok donna sent me she made it and said it was delicious so here i am lol lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
My 'Almost Aunt Carol' (that's a story for another day) makes pie very similar to this - so I know this is a good one! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! - Natfizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!