Zuppa Maritata Wedding SoupFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- For the meatballs: shopping list
- 1/2 lb ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 lb ground veal, pork or turkey shopping list
- 1/4 cup commercial bread crumbs (or grate your own from stale Italian bread) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbs parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- For the soup: shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups spinach, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese shopping list
- Orzo - small grains of pasta shaped like barley (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the ground meat, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, minced garlic, salt and pepper in mixing bowl.
- Mix well with a fork and form into tiny meat balls (about the size of marbles) with your hands.
- *(Place meatballs on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes at 350? F, until brown. ) ALTERNATE METHOD FOR MEATBALLS)
- About ten minutes before serving, bring the chicken broth to a boil, add the spinach and cook until tender.
- Add the meatballs and return soup to a simmer.
- Stir in the Pecorino cheese and serve.
- *Note: you can saute the meatballs in virgin olive oil until brown, or bring your chicken stock to a low boil, add the uncooked meatballs, simmer for about 25 minutes, add the spinach, cook until tender, stir in the cheese and serve.