Fennel and Sausage PastaFrom myhusbandcooks 6 years ago
- 2 lbs fettuccini shopping list
- 1/2 lbs. sweet Italian sausage shopping list
- 1 fennel bulb (sliced) shopping list
- 1 shallot (minced) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic (minced) shopping list
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (chopped) shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. dry oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. dry basil shopping list
- 1 tsp. fresh Italian parsley (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Set a large pot filled with salted water to boil.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil shimmers, add the fennel, shallot, garlic and tomatoes. Liberally salt the vegetables. Continue at that heat for about a minute and then turn down to medium. Let cook for 10 min. Stir every few minutes.
- Add the sausage to the now browning vegetables. Cook for another 10-12 min. Breakup the sausage as you cook.
- Add the basil, oregano and parsley. Stir occasionally for the next 2 min. Turn down the heat to low and cover. Keep warm.
- Cook the fettuccini until al dente. Add the pasta and parmesan to the pan with browned sausage and vegetables. Stir completely. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookmyhusbandcooks Alexandria, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!