Bourbon BallsFrom shandy 8 years ago
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, or milk chocolate, or dark chocolate shopping list
- 1/2 c. white sugar shopping list
- 3 T. corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 c. bourbon, rum or whiskey also work shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. crushed vanilla wafers shopping list
- 1 c. walnuts. . .I use pecans but I ran out making Larry's pecan pie so had to use walnuts. . .yeesh shopping list
- 1/3 c. confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Melt chcolate chips over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in sugar and corn syrup. Blend in bourbon, rum or whiskey. Add crushed vanilla wafers and chopped nuts. Mix well.
- Cool in refrigerator until hard enough to roll into small balls. I use a melon baller scoop to do this but the good ol teaspoon and hand rolling works just as well.
- Roll balls in a mixture of ground nuts and confectioner's sugar, or just plain confectioner's sugar. Store in lightly covered container for a week before serving.
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating5 people
Had these before but Irish Whiskey was used instead of bourbon. Very good post thanks.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Oh yeah!When I was a teenager my oldest sister (the baker) was making these, but I thought they were meatballs and pestered her to let me taste them.And...I kept sneaking one here and there. The only time (so far) that I have been drunk! Been looking...moremystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Okay... remember the Church Vicar and the women's auxiliary with that Rum cake recipe of yours. Here's another one I think they should have ;-)
I can only imagine them dancing in the street lollor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!