Tomato Fritters Greek StyleFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- tomato fritters are a delightful appetizer or side dish. The combination of herbs can be adjusted to include dill, parsley, basil, mint, or oregano, depending on taste preference. (Lenten, Vegan) shopping list
- 4 ripe medium tomatoes, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 medium zucchini, grated shopping list
- 1 medium onion, grated shopping list
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups of self-rising flour shopping list
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint or fresh basil, finely chopped shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- sunflower or canola oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients except flour in a bowl.
- Add enough flour to make a thick batter.
- Heat 1/2 to 3/4 inch of oil in a nonstick frying pan. When the oil is hot, drop the batter by tablespoonfuls into the oil and fry until browned.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating9 people
I am in heaven with this recipe! Sound delightful to serve with a dip along side as well! :)noir in Boston loved it
I love greek food this is great & perfect to nibble on in front of the tv or even better with breakfast.tinadc in Cape Town loved it
A 5, like it!shuga in United States loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!