Treacle Gingerbread CakeFrom lor 9 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 5 tablespoons soft butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and spices.
- Butter a 9 inch square baking pan and preheat the oven to 375.
- In another bowl, mix together the molasses, honey, butter, and boiling water.
- Working quickly, add the wet ingredients to the dry, combine well and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into 16 squares and serve warm in pretty muffin papers or just plain.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
looks gr8 . I love ginger n' spices . Thx .cholena in Food World loved it
This is a great recipe. Kind of gets you in the mood for Fall too. :D
High 5 for the Gingerbread!
Thanks for sharing...
Debbie~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
Yummysandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it