Potato GnocchiFrom ravenseyes 9 years ago
- 1 pound baking potatoes shopping list
- 1 cup unbleached white flour with 1/2 to 3/4 cup for flouring your board shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- Dash paprika shopping list
- Dash grated nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- optional 1/2 cup freshly grated parmasan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the potatoes, cut in quarters, cover with cold water, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook until tender. (For a different texture you can also bake your potatoes whole and cool and peel. You will require less flour to make the gnocchi.) Drain and mash. You should have about 2 cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, garlic powder, salt, a few dashes of paprika and nutmeg, and the chopped parsley.
- Add the warm potatoes, eggs and turn out onto a floured surface. (if using cheese this is where you would add your cheese)Knead just until dough is well mixed and not sticky. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll chunks of dough on floured board into logs about 1 inch thick. Cut into diagonal slices about 3/4 inch thick. Make sure you leave a small indent for the sauce to rest in.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add gnocchi. After they rise to the surface, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Drain well and cover with your favorite pasta sauce.
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating5 people
Ooooh, cheese and carbs! What more could this girl want? FAT FREE cheese and carbs lol I love the look and sound of this so much I'm bookmarking it. Thanks for sharing.danadooley in Singapore loved it
Potato Gnocchi is so good I love to make it often and now you have given me another reason to indulge in this comfort food. High Five
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I like with just butter and sage.. Yummy!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!