Ultimate Crab BoilFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
- 2 to 3 dozen crabs shopping list
- 1/2 cup Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 3 large garlic cloves smashed shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- the remaining ingredients I am simply going to state we just kind of do the heap in the hand method shopping list
- celery seed shopping list
- italian seasonings shopping list
- basil shopping list
- oregano shopping list
- red crushed peppers shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- When we have a small catch we usually will steam the crabs instead of boiling - this would simply mean you place the vinegar in the bottom of the pot and add 2 - 3 cups of water just to get a steam going - the vinegar helps the crab meat come out of the shell easier. Steam for approximately 27 minutes. If you where boiling you would just add all the indgredients to the pot adding enough water to cover the crabs- bring to a boil and through in the live crabs. Cook for 12 minutes, drain and allow to rest before devouring.
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating4 people
Wonderful and will be using this recipe this weekend! Good luck with your knee surgery Verna...just read it in Checkin.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Love that Old Bay wish I had this recipe when I went down to Maryland this summer.
Five forks and a big smile :)trigger in loved it
I love crabbing! our motor got stolen so we haven't been able this year to go out on our boat. And all the good crabs around the Puget Sound are out in the middle. AWESOME RECIPE!!invisiblechef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!