Crockpot Horseradish Garlic Pot RoastFrom darbar 7 years ago
- 3 lb. boneless beef chuck roast shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 8 small Yukon potatoes, unpeeled, cut in half or quartered shopping list
- 2 cups baby carrots shopping list
- 1 large red or yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 ribs celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 parsnips, chopped shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or crushed shopping list
- 5 oz. jar prepared horseradish shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 14 oz. can chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown the roast about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned. Place vegetables and broth in the crockpot. Place browned beef on top of vegetables.
- Mix together horseradish, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and spread over the beef evenly.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours until everything is tender. No stirring needed.
- Serve with hunks of crusty bread, like a baguette.
- Serves 8
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating8 people
This sounds great. I had been looking at horseradish covered pot roast recipes and so many of them had a dairy product of some kind in them. Yours doesn't! Thank you!frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
This was wonderful to come home to after a long day at work. It smelled great when I walked in the door. The vegetables cooked perfectly in the chicken broth and the roast was sitting on top of them and not in the liquid. The horseradish/garlic mi...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
What a winner! cooked this today and have just eaten it for Fathers day dinner and all the boys loved it, we ate it with kumera mash and steamed leeks and brocoli.white_dove in Thames loved it