Stuffed PeppersFrom lor 6 years ago
- 10-12 green peppers with tops cut off, cored and seeded(keep tops) shopping list
- Note: I have used green bell peppers and the long pale green peppers but you can use red, orange or yellow bell peppers as well. shopping list
- 2-3 lbs. at least of lean or medium ground beef (remove any fat after frying) shopping list
- 2 medium onions finely chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery finely chopped shopping list
- 8-10 button mushrooms, wiped clean of any dirt and chopped shopping list
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- a couple of heaping Tablespoons of paprika shopping list
- freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- a couple of heaping Tablespoons of parsley, dried or fresh shopping list
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- (I don't add salt) shopping list
- cooked white, brown or wild rice(2-3cups) depends on your personal taste shopping list
- Note: For those of you who cannot eat beef, you can use any ground meat you like. For Vegetarians, you can use a mixture of prepared quinoa or couscous with the rice. This recipe is very forgiving and you can change it around to suite your perosnal needs. shopping list
How to make it
- I use a large roasting pan or deep pyrex casserole baking dish for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Saute onion, celery, mushrooms and garlic and set aside.
- Saute lean ground beef in same pan.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl including cooked rice.
- Place the mixed ingredients into prepared green peppers, filling completely.
- Place green peppers upright in large baking pan or casserole dish. Return top of green pepper. Fill baking dish with water
- almost half way up the green peppers and add
- 1 cup vegetable oil to water. Cover with aluminum foil completely or lid to casserole and bake in 350F oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Note: I have often added 1 cup of tomato juice to the water mixture.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating16 people
I forgot all about stuffed peppers, thanks for posting this.organicmama in loved it
Stffed peppers are awesome.... its a family favorite around my house....A great post..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Even my kids liked them. I used green, red, and yellow peppers. Excellent recipe.
thanksjustabeginner in Fairview Park loved it